Ozone Zephyr V7ncredible lightwind performance and huge range
The Zephyr stands out for it’s incredible wind range which allows you to continue riding when the wind increases, this unique attribute sets it apart from competitors.
- Incredible Wind Range
- Light wind specific
- Huge wind range, 6-20 knots
- Tight radius turn for great pop and fun
- Easy to fly and re-launch even in light winds
The Zephyr V7 features our new rip-stop material combination. The new rip-stop canopy material has an advanced ultra flex coating improving feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The new technical rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Struts it improves strength, durability and longevity.
Having the power of a 17m kite on demand with the feedback of a 13m translates to more fun in light winds. The incredibly nimble handling with a tight radius turn, ease of use and the ability to have fun in low winds characterises the Zephyr. It is perfect for cruising, jumping, air style, honing strapless airs or learning handle passes. The boost is impressive and floaty, with instant power delivery and superior up-wind performance.
The Zephyr V7 is the perfect accomplice for when the wind is looking light or unstable, it will get you out enjoying the conditions for any length of time whatever the style you choose to ride. Or if you mainly ride in light wind spots and are looking for an all-round one-kite quiver, this is the kite for you.
An all new Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System makes set up and packing quick and easy. It features single point inflation/deflation and a high air flow rate between the Struts and Leading Edge, with clips to seal the hoses to prevent unwanted air flow in case of damage.
Re-launch is surprisingly quick and easy considering its size, simply by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines the kite smoothly lifts off the water ready for more action.
- Designed with OZ-CAD - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction - World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- All new ripstop combination - The new rip-stop canopy material has an advanced ultra flex coating improving feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The new technical rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Struts it improves strength, durability and longevity
- 4-line Pulley-less System - NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams - Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Internal reinforcements - What’s on the inside counts too – internal reinforcements for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System - The Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System makes set up and packing quick and easy. It features single point inflation/deflation and a high air flow rate between the Struts and Leading Edge, with clips to seal the hoses to prevent unwanted air flow in case of damage.
- Direct Connect Struts - Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal and external reinforcements. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension.
- Load Distribution Panels - Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts - The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge - Double layer Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads - Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites and wings for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction - Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors - The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Back-line trimming options - Customise your handling and bar pressure with the back line bridle attachments. Closer to the Leading Edge for slower turn speed and more bar pressure, or closer to the Trailing Edge for faster turn speed and less bar pressure.
- Fool proof line connectors - Fool proof line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
Bar SizeBar sold seperately. We recommend the Contact Water Control System with 27m lines.
Wind RangeBased on 80kg average rider
|Bar Size (cm)||55|
|Number of cells||16|
|Projected Area (m2)||11.5|
|Flat AR (m2)||4.9|
|Root Chord (mm)||2270|
Package ContentsKite Only - Kite, Bag, Repair pack
Ozone is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Kites and Paragliders, created around a dedicated team of passionate riders and pilots that share the same outstanding passion for nature, exciting sports and progress. Their development of their own manufacturing facility and bespoke design software together with their commitment to offering full product life cycles makes them stand out.