Ozone Reo V6
The REO is Ozone's dedicated wave kite. This has been a staple in our quiver for many years! The 7m is probably the best wave kite ever made. If you are into riding waves then you must have one of these. The REO is very fast, very responsive and has incredible drift thanks to its lightweight frame. You can loop it with the bar out and it generates no power. Likewise you can work it to generate all the power you need to punch out through the swell or get you out of a pickle.
What Ozone Say
THE REO IS AN ICONIC MODEL IN THE KITESURF WORLD, DESIGNED FOR UNCOMPROMISED WAVE RIDING AND RENOWNED FOR DELIVERING OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE AND FEELING.
The Reo’s unique flying characteristics and versatile performance allow you to maximize the potential of every wave, from on-shore slop to cross-off barreling reef breaks. Fast direct handling and insane drift combined with huge de-power means you can choose exactly where you want to place yourself on a wave to make that next move - smash the lip, clear a section, carve turns or snap in the pocket.
The Reo V6 features our new rip-stop material combination. The new rip-stop canopy material has an advanced ultra flex coating improving feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The new technical rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Struts it improves strength, durability and longevity.
An all new Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System makes set up and packing quick and easy. It features single point inflation/deflation and a high air flow rate between the Struts and Leading Edge, with clips to seal the hoses to prevent unwanted air flow in case of damage.
Variable Bridle Geometry
Quick and easy to change with no extra lines to add or remove. These bridle settings extend the kites operating range, bringing another level of versatility to this outstanding design.
Offshore – A balanced and refined feel with good forward speed perfect for most conditions, and excelling in cross-shore to offshore winds. The kite can sit further to the edge of the wind window when de-powered, drifting as you ride down the line. The Offshore setting is the upper knot on the VBG Pigtails.
Onshore – The kite sits a little further back in the wind window and tackles onshore conditions with ease. Increased bar pressure improves feeling from the kite when a wave is pushing with the wind. If you prefer a slightly heavier feel this could be the setting for you. The Onshore setting is the lower knot on the VBG Pigtails.
We understand the importance of aerodynamics and weight saving especially on a kite where drift is imperative. Every detail has been refined to be as light as possible while maintaining the strength and integrity you expect from an Ozone product.
Un-hooked riders will feel at home on the Reo, it will fly and float in unison with your movements. Simply trim in with the cleat before unhooking, or if you prefer to ride un-hooked often we suggest adjusting the Control Systems back leader lines to the longer position. To customise bar pressure and turning speed for your personal preference use the rear line adjustment tabs on the kite.
Re-launch is quick and easy - by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines, the Reo will roll over and take off from the water in an instant. This is especially helpful if you’re stuck in the impact zone and need to get out of there fast!
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction - World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Designed with OZ-CAD - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
- Internal reinforcements - What’s on the inside counts too – internal reinforcements for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double stitched folded seams - Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Load Distribution Panels - Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Direct Connect Struts - Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts - The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge - Double layer Teijin ripstop Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads - Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites and wings for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction - Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors - The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry - We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
Bar SizeBar sold separately. We recommend the Contact Water Control System.
Wind range is indicative only based on an average rider weight of 80kg. Actual range will vary based on rider skill level and type of board used
Package ContentsKite Only - Kite, Bag, Repair pack
Ozone is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Kites and Paragliders, created around a dedicated team of passionate riders and pilots that share the same outstanding passion for nature, exciting sports and progress. Their development of their own manufacturing facility and bespoke design software together with their commitment to offering full product life cycles makes them stand out.