Ozone Wasp V2WING ASSISTED SURF/SNOW/SKATE PROPULSION
WASP V2…THE FRESH AND EXCITING WAY OF BEING DRIVEN BY THE ELEMENTS, IT’S A WHOLE LOAD OF FUN ACROSS A WIDE RANGE OF DISCIPLINES! PERFECT FOR ANYTHING THAT ROLLS, SLIDES, PLANES OR GLIDES.
Following on from the very successful WASP V1, the second-generation design has been extensively reworked offering even more power, control and comfort. It’s lightweight, simple to set up, easy to use and offers amazing all-round performance whether you are freeride cruising, wave riding, boosting air tricks, down winding or just starting out.
Our innovative Leading Edge and Strut design creates stability and minimises airframe flex, delivering a solid, direct and well-balanced feeling. This rigidity also helps develop power at low speeds to get you powered up and planing sooner. The Leading Edge seam has been repositioned to reduce drag and to avoid abrasion when crashing.
The planform has been modified and the wing tip shape has been refined to reduce interference with the water or ground. Scuff protection has been integrated for riding on snow or land, although it is best to keep the wing off the ground at all times! Easy view windows on either side of the strut provide safety for you and others around.
Power Handle positions have been optimised and the design updated to a round ergonomic shape for increased comfort and control. The streamline De-Power Handle at the front of the Leading Edge completely de-powers the wing for total control when carving on swell or carrying the wing.
The WASP V2 is suitable for riding any type of board on the water that has enough volume to support your weight. In strong wind conditions and with developed skills it is possible to ride with smaller volume hydrofoil boards. On the land or snow minimal wind is required to harness the natural energy to enjoy a different feeling of propulsion.
To make deflation and packing easy the WASP V2 is equipped with a Fast Flow inflate/deflate valve on both the Leading Edge and Strut.
We have designed a modular leash system that can be customised for rider preference. The WASP V2 ships standard with a Waist Strap pre-attached to the Leash Line. Leash system accessories (sold separately) are a velcro Wrist Strap or a Quick Release for use with the supplied Waist Strap or for connecting the Leash Line to a harness.
For riders using a harness, webbing loops next to the strut Power Handles provide quick and easy installation of the WASP V2 Harness Line - a slim and lightweight design with an internal bungee contracting when unhooked to stay out of the way. Combine with our new Connect Wing harness for the ultimate set up. Note: to use the WASP V2 with the Connect Wing Harness it requires our specially designed WASP V2 Harness Line (sold separately). See the Wing Leash System and Harness Line PDF/video for further information.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction – World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Designed With OZ-CAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Internal reinforcements – What’s on the inside counts too – All Ozone kites are internally reinforced for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams – Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Direct Connect Struts – Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension
- Reinforced Trailing Edge –Double layer Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads – Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction – Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Ergonomic Power Handles - Multiple Power Handles on the Leading Edge and Strut have been positioned to cover many options, providing maximum control and comfort while riding.
- Streamline Depower Handle - The streamline De-Power Handle at the front of the Leading Edge completely de-powers the wing for total control when carving downwind in swell or when carrying the wing.
- Easy View Windows - Easy view windows on either side of the strut provide safety for you and others around.
- Swivel Leash Line - The Leash Line features a strong Dyneema line with internal bungee core and an ultra light Stainless Steel swivel to keep the leash twist free. It connects to the wings Leading Edge via a loop-to-loop connection and can easily be removed if necessary.
- Wing Waist Strap - The Waist Strap is slim and lightweight with a strong buckle closure and size adjustment buckle. It connects to the Leash Line via a loop-to-loop connection. If you become overpowered or lose control let go of the wing and it will de-power on the Leash Line. Our wings ship standard with a Waist Strap pre-attached to the Leash Line.
- Wing Quick Release - The easy to use Quick Release is for riders who prefer extra security to detach from the wing in a fast and easy way. It is compatible with the Wing Waist Leash or a harness. The Wing Quick Release is sold separately.
- Wing Technical Bag – Lightweight with loads of space, Internal stash pocket, External pump holder, Adjustable shoulder strap, Back panel foam padding provides extra comfort
Ozone is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Kites and Paragliders, created around a dedicated team of passionate riders and pilots that share the same outstanding passion for nature, exciting sports and progress. Their development of their own manufacturing facility and bespoke design software together with their commitment to offering full product life cycles makes them stand out.